Fri 25th June 2021
5:00pm - 8:30pm
Fri 25th June 2021: 9:00am
- Sun 25th July 2021: 4:45pm
Tanks Arts Centre Tank 4, 46 Collins Avenue, Edge Hill, Cairns QLD 4870 AU
Inkmasters Print Exhibition will show at Tanks Arts Centre Cairns 25 June - 25 July 2021. It is an international juried exhibition which brings together the best printmakers from our region with national and international artists from around the world. The works entered can be any print medium (or combination of media), traditional and contemporary, in a range of formats including 3D works such as artists' books. 100 prints will be selected from all entries. Prizes will be awarded including an award named for Anna Eglitis, a senior Cairns artist who mentored some of the Far North’s most prolific and important artists. A public talk will be delivered prior to the launch by Sally Foster Curator, International Prints, Drawings and Illustrated Books at the Australian National Gallery.
Sally Foster, Australian National Gallery, Canberra, Ashleigh Campbell Director NorthSite, Cairns, International Cairns-based artist Brian Robinson of the Maluyligal and Wuthathi peoples of the Torres Strait and Cape York Peninsula.
Non Aquistive Prizes
Total Prizes money to the value of $24000
- Entries Close 9 April 2021
- Selected artists notified 19 April 2021
- Selected works delivered by 4 June 2021
- Exhibition dates 25 June - 25 July 2021
- Works not sold returned from 27 July 2021
Entry Fee: AUD$65 (1 work) or AUD$75 (2 works)
Address for mail delivery of selected works: Inkmasters Cairns Inc | PO Box 7792 | Cairns | Qld | Australia 4870 delivered by 4 June 21.
Address for hand delivery: InkMasters Print Workshop | 55 Greenslopes St | Edge Hill | Cairns 4870 | Deliver on 2, 3, or 4 Jun between the hours of 10am and 2 pm.
Need assistance or more info? Contact Us
Conditions of entry
- Australian and international artists are invited to submit images of up to 2 original prints for selection
- The work entered is to be the work of the entrant and must have been completed 2018 or later
- Works in any print medium (or combination of media), including unique state prints and print-related media (other than straight photography) are invited for selection. Parcel size must not exceed 105cm length, 140cm girth or 20kg weight (see 14. below)
- All entrants must submit an ONLINE ENTRY FORM. Information required is listed below.
- Selected works are required to be delivered, unframed, by 4 June 2021.
- Works must be in excellent condition on arrival. Artists are required to package work carefully for transport. InkMasters Cairns is not responsible for works lost or damaged in transit
- Insurance is the full responsibility of the artist. InkMasters Cairns and Tanks Arts Centre take no responsibility for theft or damage to an item during the exhibition. International artists, if insuring works during transit, must declare less than $1000 total value on any one parcel, and must mark parcel ‘Printed Matter Only’
- All works selected for exhibition (c.100 works in total) are eligible for non-acquisitive awards as nominated by the 3 judges and announced at the exhibition launch
- All works selected must be available for the duration of the exhibition, 25 Jun - 25 July 2021.
- All works must be available for sale. Tanks Arts Centre and InkMasters Cairns Inc. retain a 40% commission fee deducted from the sale price.
- Works selected for the exhibition will be float mounted in exhibition frames where possible, but works falling outside the size limits of our exhibition frames will be hung using magnetic pins or (in the case of 3D works such as artist’s books) displayed on plinths
- Works that require special installation requirements must be accompanied by clear instructions
- Artists’ images (required in high quality), work descriptions and brief biographies must be available for the purpose of the online catalogue publication and event promotion.
- Unsold works will be returned in original packaging from 27 July 2021. All works will be returned by standard Australian parcel post (not courier) and parcel must not exceed Australia Post size and weight limits: maximum 105cm length, 140cm girth or 20kg weight; see https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/check-sending-guidelines/size-weight-guidelines
- Please include a sender address label.
Information required for entry form:
- Name | Address | Email | Phone | ABN if applicable - Australian artists only
- Details of work/s: Title | Year | Sale price (AUD) | Medium | Paper size of work (cm) H x W x D (if applicable) | number of impressions available for sale e,g, 6/20, 7/20
- Image/s : a high quality image of each work entered, JPEG format, 1 to 2MB in size. Images to be labelled surname, given name, title connected by dash or underscore (eg. smith_jane_landscape.jpg)
- Artist’s biography up to 150 words
- Artist's statement up to 100 words, describing the themes or concepts involved in the works submitted. This may be used in the online catalogue; please ensure that it is clear and concise
- Payment of fee $65 one work or $75 two works
- Australian artists only - not necessary if ABN is supplied: Please send Statement by a Supplier as email attachment to email@example.com
- Tick Boxes: I agree to the Conditions of Entry for InkMasters Print Exhibition as specified in the entry form | I am the the creator and copyright owner of each item submitted for exhibition | I have submitted ATO Statement of supplier (Australian artists only)
- ENTER HERE