Sun 11th October 2020
8:45am - 4:00pm
55 Greenslopes Street, Edge Hill QLD 4870 AU
Work with artist Rose Rigley to explore monotype / monoprinting. Rose will demonstrate some of the methods she uses in her own practice, including stencilling, transferring, painting, wiping and reductive techniques. These multilayered methods of working are both painterly and precise with very immediate and unique results. The processes are very appealing to those who like an experimental outcome in their prints. Gestural and textural marks can be achieved using a wide variety of tools that can either remove or apply the ink to your plate, alongside the precise forms of cut and torn stencils. This workshop offers you the chance to explore the boundaries of printmaking through these methods, and enables you to make numerous prints that articulate your own ideas.
- At the end of this workshop you will be able to: Prepare press, registration, select plate and papers and learn inking and printing techniques
- Use stencil shapes as part of the monoprinting process
- Use additive and subtractive methods of monoprinting, including transfer and textural mark making
- Consider composition, colour and interaction of shapes and textures
- Experiment with alternative and found materials to create surprise and interest in the monoprint
- Use layers to build up the complexity of the monoprints (including ghost prints)
Rose has exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions, regionally and nationally. Her book-based sculptures have won major art awards. She is part of the Visual Arts team at TAFE (Cairns Campus), teaching drawing, printmaking, sculpture and art theory.
Suitable for beginners and those with some printmaking experience, 16 years and over
Maximum 10 participants
- Participants to bring: drawings/images that they would like to develop; selection of printable recycled surfaces such as dry organic matter (leaves, feathers) and any other appropriate materials for monoprinting that reflect their interests;
- BYO your own sanitized wipes, wear closed in shoes, bring apron or coverall, disposable gloves. The kitchen is closed so BYO drinks including water and food in containers.
Members $155 Non-members $195 includes 2020 membership - use arrow to select correct fee
- Inkmasters is Covid safe workshop and numbers are limited.
- Please see Queensland Health for the latest Covid information and Inkmasters Covid Safe Plan
- BOOKING ESSENTIAL - Payment secures your place. Need more info? Contact us
Book a Space
Select An Option